The Applied Laboratory for Advanced Materials and Structures (ALAMS) headed by Dr. Shahria Alam, Professor in the School of Engineering at The University of British Columbia (Okanagan Campus), researches on a variety of fields such as
- Smart Materials and their Structural Applications
- Seismic Rehabilitation of Steel, Concrete and Masonry Structures
- Progressive Collapse Analysis of Structures
- Performance-based Design of Structures
- Recycle/Reuse of Industrial Wastes for Structural Applications
Dr. Alam’s current research projects include the design of frame structures against progressive collapse due to blast loading, seismic design guideline for shape memory alloy reinforced concrete frame structures, rack clad buildings, braced concrete frames, base isolated structures, seismic performance assessment of highway bridges in BC,seismic retrofitting of highway bridges, and green concrete from industrial wastes.
Visit https://engineering.ok.ubc.ca/faculty/shaalam.html for more info regarding Dr. Shahria Alam